After the new e-bike has been riding for a period of time, the entire bike should be inspected and adjusted according to the requirements of the manual. The fastening and lubrication of the accessories is essential. Check whether the fasteners are loose, and whether the transmission parts are flexible. Pay attention to the oil after the chain is lubricated, and wipe the oil on the flywheel. The tires should be properly inflated, otherwise it will affect the comfort and service life of the ride. The brakes are the basic guarantee for safety. They should be inspected at any time. If any problems are found, they should be adjusted or repaired immediately.
Unlike ordinary bikes, electric bikes are equipped with an electric system that also requires maintenance, as follows:
- When the circuit is checked, turn on the power, check electric bike whether the electric function is normal, and check whether the external connector is firm. If the fault is found, it should be promptly feedback and consult the customer service. Do not remove the accessory without authorization.
- Before going out, check the battery’s power and judge whether the battery is fully charged according to the mileage of the trip. If the electric bike power is not sufficient, it should be supplemented by human riding to avoid battery undervoltage work.
- When charging the battery, use the charger of the matching model or the manufacturer’s model. When charging, the battery and charger should be located in a cool and ventilated place. Keep it safe. Keep away from flammable and explosive materials, avoid high temperature, humidity and water. Do not cover with items. It is forbidden that letinfants and young childrento contact. Before charging, the first confirmation is that the grid voltage and frequency meet the requirements of the charger. After charging is completed, disconnect the grid and disconnect the charger from the battery. Electric Bike Battery charging usually takes 4-6 hours.
- Long-term storage of electric bike battery should be fully charged first and should be replenished regularly, usually once a month.
- The working condition of the electric bike hub motors should also be checked before traveling. Start the motor and adjust its speed to observe and listen to the motor. If there is any abnormality, you should promptly feedback and consult customer service.
- Electric bikes should be checked for lights, horns, etc., especially at night.
- Electric bikes are not afraid of rain and snow. However, when the water is involved, the water level must not exceed the lower edge of the electric hub bearing housing to prevent damage from the motor water. After riding in rain or snow, wipe it off as soon as possible; if the device is immersed in water, it should be dried with a hair dryer. In order to avoid the corrosion of iron parts and circuit leakage, short circuit and other faults.
- For electric bike, rain and snow riding, the driving speed should be properly reduced, the brakes pay attention to increase the braking distance, to prevent side slip and U-turn, so as not to endanger personal safety.
- Electric bikes should be protected from exposure to sunlight for a long time. Store in a cool place. Solar exposure accelerates the aging of paints, plastic parts, rubber parts and electronic components, reducing their service life and reliability.
Factors that maximize the riding range of electric bike
- Cycling (assisted riding mode, without the use of throttle, the motor outputs a certain amount of power by the frequency of manpower stepping)
- Altitude (high altitude, large terrain, need to consume more power)
- Weather (the weather is cold, the low temperature will have a certain weakening effect on the output of the battery current, and the battery performance will decrease)
- Wind direction (againstthe wind will increase the resistance and consume more power, while following the wind will bring the thrust to the ride)
- Road conditions (cementfloor is firm and flat, the resistance is small, the ride is smooth, and the cruising distance is longer)
- Load (the individual weight of the rider will affect the performance of the motor, the heavier load, the greater consumption)
- Maintenance (regular maintenance facilitates timely detection of faults and elimination, keeping the e-bikein a good condition)
- Tire pressure (regularly testing the tire pressure, it is beneficial to maintain the tires, reduce the ground friction, so that riding is comfortable and easy)
- Battery (requires timely charging and maintenance of the battery when the battery is low, which is beneficial to extend the battery life and cruising range)
Leave a few questions for you to think about：
- My electric bicycle is not working, now what?
Here share a link of suggestion to check and repair problems, if it occurs, please feel free to contact us in the first time.
- Where can you test ride or buy a rich bit electric bike?
Now we have an offline store in Spain, check this facebook account
Official Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/richbitebikecom/
Google map: https://goo.gl/maps/TzGiPHetiu52
- What is it like to ride an electric bike?
It is exciting and funny, enjoying the pedaling and fresh air. Not only save your time and energy, but also bring you an special experience.
It is convenient and environmental, because it doesn’t need to consume gasoline like a car and it can park in somewhere easily.
Here share an article of new rider experience, see website below
the activity of travelling some distance to work every day by car, bus, or train